by Louise Akrofi.
To celebrate the post-lockdown re-opening of nail salons across England from Monday (13.07.20), we have compiled a list of talented Black British nail technicians, brand owners and bloggers below to inspire your first post-lockdown manicure.
1. @mojavemauve (London) Roseanne – Nail Blogger
2. @516polish (The UK’s first Indie Nail Polish brand with a vegan, non-toxic, cruelty-free formula. Owned by Wunmi Ladele)
3. @prettyedgy_nails (Sutton, London/Surrey) Annabel Ifill – Nail Technician
4. @vixiny_ (London) Vegan and cruelty free nail brand established in 2018.
5. @manicuremaniac_ (London) Nail Blogger
6. @_arjenesisnails (London) Aliyah Rianna Johnson is a freelance nail artist and session manicurist. She has also recently become a Brand Ambassador for The Gel Bottle Inc.
7. @cerrisclawz (South London) Nail Technician
8. @xisnails (Tottenham, South London) Nail Technician
9. @lindiloolie (West London) Nail Technician
10. @nailedbynk (UK – Bromley) Nail Technician
12. @thenailsplug (Darlington) Nail Technician
15. @shanellesnails (London) Nail Technician & Luxury Press On Nails Supplier
16. @nailsbytish_ (East London) Nail Technician
17. @silknailslondon (Brockley, South East London) Nail Technician
18. @amathesalon (Brixton, London) Salon owned by Vogue-featured Session Manicurist Ama Quashie. Ama The Salon promotes the Natural Nail.
19. @glitz_glam20 (Birmingham) Nail Technician
20. @princess_pinktipnails (Birmingham) Nail Technician